.net interview question: Top .NET Interview Questions and Answers (Plus Tips)
- asp.net interview question and answers for experienced: ASP.NET Interview Questions and Answers
- .net mvc interview questions: ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions (With Sample Answers)
- ado.net interview questions: 55 ADO.NET Interview Questions To Prepare for in 2023
- qtp interview question and answers: 8 QTP/UFT Interview Questions (Plus Sample Answers)
- 50 interview questions: The Top 50 Interview Questions (Plus How To Answer Them)
- questions to ask in consulting interview: 20 Questions To Ask in a Consulting Interview (Plus Tips)
- boilermaker test questions and answers: 27 Boilermaker Interview Questions (Plus 4 Sample Answers)
in progress 0Interviewing 1 Answer
Answer ( 1 )
.NET Framework is a software framework created by Microsoft that allows programmers to create applications for Windows, macOS and Linux.
What is .NET Framework?
.NET Framework is a development platform that provides a common language runtime and a set of class libraries. It can be used to develop any type of application, from simple console applications to complex web applications, mobile apps, and distributed systems.
The .NET Framework consists of two parts: the Common Language Runtime (CLR) and the Base Class Library (BCL). The CLR provides memory management, type safety and other features such as garbage collection for all languages supported by the framework. The BCL provides reusable classes for various areas like networking or file I/O.
What are the advantages of .NET Framework?
What are the advantages of using .net over other programming languages?
.NET is a software framework developed by Microsoft. It provides a set of common language features and APIs for building and running Web applications, and it’s also a platform that allows developers to build applications that run on both Windows operating systems and non-Windows operating systems.
It’s worth noting that .NET Framework isn’t just used for web programming; it can be used for creating desktop apps (like those in Visual Studio) as well as mobile apps for iOS or Android devices.
Explain the difference between .NET Framework 4.0 and .NET Standard 2.0.
The .NET Framework is a software platform that enables developers to build applications for Windows and other operating systems. It was first released in 2002 and has been updated several times since then.
The latest version is .NET Framework 4.7, which was released in October 2018.
The .NET Standard is a specification that defines APIs (application programming interfaces) required by all .NET platforms, such as Xamarin iOS or Android apps as well as ASP.NET Core web applications running on Windows 10 devices like PCs/laptops/tablets or even IoT devices such as Raspberry Pi computers and microcontrollers like Arduino boards etc..
That’s all for our top .NET interview questions! We hope that this guide has given you a better idea of what to expect when interviewing for .net jobs. Remember, these are just some of the most common questions that we hear about and we’re sure there are plenty more out there.