after phone interview: When to send a thank you email after a phone interview
- second follow up email after interview: How To Send a Second Follow-Up Email After an Interview
- sending a thank you email after an interview to multiple interviewers: How To Write Panel or Group Interview Thank-You Letters
- executive thank you letter after interview: How To Write an Executive Thank You Letter After an Interview
- nursing interview thank you letters: How to Write a Thank-You Letter After a Nursing Interview
- how to nail a phone interview: How to Nail Your Phone Interview (With Tips)
- unexpected phone interview: How To Manage an Unexpected Phone Interview (With Tips)
- i confirm that i will attend the interview: Interview Confirmation Email: Template, Example and Tips
in progress 0Interviewing 1 Answer
Answer ( 1 )
Congratulations! You’ve made it through the first round of interviews. Whether you’re still in the running for that dream position or just trying to get your foot in the door, a follow-up thank-you email is a must. It shows that you have manners and are genuinely appreciative of having been considered for this opportunity. In this article, we’ll explain what you should do immediately after your phone interview as well as how to send an effective thank-you note—because we all know how much first impressions count!
You made the short list.
Congratulate the interviewer on their decision. The best way to do this is to thank them for their time and consideration, and let them know that you are excited about the opportunity. You can also ask if there are any additional questions they would like answered before moving forward with the process, or if there is anything else that they would like you to know (such as when they would like another interview).
Did you ace your phone interview?
What to do after a phone interview.
5 tips for writing a thank-you email after a phone interview.
After a phone interview, it’s important to follow up. This can be done by sending a thank-you email that reiterates your interest in the position and highlights how you are the perfect candidate for it. Here are some tips on how to write an effective thank-you email after a phone interview:
Don’t leave it to chance with a thank you email.
Don’t leave it to chance.
Don’t wait for a month after the interview, or even a week or a day. If you do, your potential employer might have already found their next hire and forgotten about you entirely. And even if they haven’t chosen someone else yet, there’s no guarantee that they’ll remember all of the people who interviewed with them over the course of several weeks (or months).
The best time to send a thank-you email is within 24 hours of finishing an interview — especially if there was some sort of action item involved in your discussion (like setting up another meeting).
Hopefully, this post has given you some ideas and tips for sending a thank-you email after a phone interview. If you’re still unsure, check out our article on how to write the perfect thank-you note–it’s got everything from format tips to examples of what not to do!